The Clark Schaefer Consulting Governance, Risk and Compliance (“GRC”) services can assist with your internal audit department needs regardless of whether you are creating an initial function or looking for someone to assist your already established team.
Our team is composed of experienced internal audit management consultants who have significant expertise with internal audit governance. Depending on your need, we can help:
- Build an internal audit governance structure, including development of comprehensive policies and procedures
- Consult on and assist with the development of an audit committee, including definition of the committee’s purpose, authority, composition, responsibilities, meeting schedule, and other duties
- Develop an internal audit charter including professional standards, ethics, authority, organization, independence, scope, planning, report issuance, audit responses and other requirements
- Design and deploy an internal audit manual customized to your organization that will define general departmental standards, independence, objectivity, audit planning, risk assessments, workpaper standards, communication of findings, materiality, response monitoring, management acceptance of risk, and other audit activities as required
- Provide training to those involved with the charters, policies/procedures, roles/responsibilities, and other areas developed as part of this engagement to help ensure an effective deployment and adoption of the standards and establishment of internal audit governance
For already established Internal Audit departments, we can perform a Quality Assessment Review (QAR) that can help assess the effectiveness of your internal audit functions and recommend action plans to improve the performance and value of the function. This process will not only ensure compliance with IIA standards but enhance operational effectiveness and overall efficiency of the function.